Sony has been a pioneer in the camcorder field, and their FDR-AX700 4K HDR camcorder is a testament to their dedication to giving users the artistic freedom to create stunning videos, either for personal consumption or public broadcast. The FDR-AX700 makes it easy to immediately enjoy, without extra processing, HDR images, simply by connecting the camera to a HLG-compatible Sony TV via a USB cable. It supports AVCHD, MPEG4, and XAVC S video formats. The XAVC S format is used for 4K and HD recording. High bitrates of up to 100 Mbps for 4K, and 50 Mbps for full-HD recording, ensure beautifully detailed movies with minimal compression noise.
We can import and edit Sony 4K XAVC S videos in Final Cut Pro X 10.2.0. But we have to spend lone time on rendering the videos. And we can’t load Sony FDR-AX700 XAVC S into FCP 7, FCP 6 and older versions of FCP X. What’s more, handling 4K files in Final Cut Pro (FCP X, FCP 7, FCP 6) is usually hardware intensive. Thus, you can’t get a flawless 4K workflow in most cases. To solve the problem, you need to convert Sony FDR-AX700 4K files to FCP most compatible format with proper video settings. Here we recommend Acrok 4K XAVC S Video Converter for Mac to show you how to transcode FDR-AX700 4K XAVC S footage for Final Cut Pro with the best resulted quality.
Sony FDR-AX700 Features
- 14.2 MP, 1.0-type stacked Exmor RS CMOS sensor
- BIONZ X™ image processor
- ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T* Lens
- 12x optical zoom Lens w/ 29mm wide angle
- 4K HDR Recording: 3840 x 2160/30p
- 273-Point Phase Detection Autofocus
- 960(NTSC)/1000(PAL)fps (40x super slow motion)
- S-Gamut and S-Log shooting
- 1.0 cm (0.39 type) OLED EVF
- 8.8 cm(3.5 type) Xtra Fine LCD™ display
Free download best Sony FDR-AX700 Video Converter:
Overall, the program can effortlessly encode/re-encode Sony FDR-AX700 XAVC S, AVCHD, MPEG4-AVC/H.264 footage for smoothly importing and editing in various non-linear editing systems (NLE), including Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere Pro, Sony Vegas Pro, Avid Media Composer, iMovie, FCE and more. In addition, you can rip and convert Blu-ray/DVD/any 4K video to your editing software, convert Blu-ray to H.264 MP4 for playing on Android/IOS/Windows tablet or smartphone.
How to convert Sony FDR-AX700 4K XAVC S for Final Cut Pro?
1. Run the 4K video converter program you just set up. You can hit “Add Files” icon to import the 4K video files from Sony FDR-AX700 to the program. You can preview the loaded videos via right window. It supports batch conversion.
2. Click on the “Format” bar and choose a best editable format for FCP. As we know, Apple ProRes codec is Final Cut Pro’s native editing codec. So we can choose “Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov)” in “Final Cut Pro” category.
3. In case the default settings do not fit your requirement, you can click “Settings” button and enter “Profile Settings” panel to adjust video size, bit rate, frame rate, sample rate and audio channels. You can keep original 4K resolution or adjust video size to 2K or 1080 full HD as you need.
4. Hit the “Convert” button of the best XAVC S converter. It will start converting Sony FDR-AX700 recordings for importing to FCP X, FCP 7 or FCP 6 immediately.