What’s the best way to import Panasonic AG-HPX370 P2 card MXF files to FCP X and edit with Apple ProRes codec? In this article you can download the best MXF to FCP X Apple ProRes converter, this program will help you to convert and edit Panasonic AG-HPX370 MXF videos with FCP X natively.
Panasonic AG-HPX370 P2 camcorder is an affordable 1/3″ ENG camcorder that offers full-raster 4:2:2 AVC-Intra HD codec, you can use AVC-Intra 100 for full-pixel HD (1920 x 1080 and 1280 x 720) images, or AVC-Intra 50 for low-bit-rate, low-cost operation, AVC-Intra is widely adapted by Panasonic P2 camcorders, the recordings are in MXF video format.
Panasonic AG-HPX370 to FCP X Question:
“Recently I am trying to load MXF videos from Panasonic AG-HPX370 P2 camcorder to Final Cut Pro X on my iMac, but I always encountered that the FCP X can’t recognize the MXF files recorded by Panasonic AG-HPX370 P2 camcorder, is there anything I can do to solve this issue? I just want to import and edit Panasonic AG-HPX370 P2 MXF files with FCP X on iMac, can you give me some suggestions?”
MXF files recorded by Panasonic AG-HPX370 P2 camcorder are in the P2 cards, the video codecs used by the camcorder include AVC-Intra 100/DVCPRO HD, AVC-Intra 50/DVCPRO50, DVCPRO/DV, etc. the MXF video format is great for recording but it is not good for editing, it is not supported by many editing programs include the most popular FCP X on Mac, for example, if you try to import Panasonic AG-HPX370 MXF files to FCP X you will meet with problems. But, please don’t worry here we will share the best workflow of Panasonic AG-HPX370 MXF files to FCP X.
Panasonic AG-HPX370 MXF files to FCP X workflow
If you have searched on the Internet you may have known that FCP X only supports limited video formats, the best supported video format of Final Cut is Apple ProRes codec MOV format, unsupported videos usually need to be converted to Apple ProRes codec MOV format for FCP X editing, and this is the best solution. To transcode Panasonic AG-HPX370 MXF videos to Apple ProRes codec, Acrok MXF Converter for Mac can be a good assistant for you, works as the best Panasonic P2 MXF converter, it will help you to convert any MXF files recorded by Panasonic P2 camcorders, Sony XDCAM camcorders, Canon XF camcorders, JVC camcorders, etc. now please get this MXF to FCP X converter via the link below.
Convert and edit Panasonic AG-HPX370 MXF files with FCP X
1. Please download Acrok MXF Converter for Mac, install this software on your MacBook or iMac. This software also has corresponding Windows version, which will also help you to convert MXF files on Windows 10, Windows 8.1/7/XP.
2. Run this Panasonic AG-HPX370 MXF converter you will see the brief main interface, you can directly drag and drop the videos into the software, or click add files button to import the MXF files that you want to transcode. Batch loading and converting is supported by this MXF to Apple ProRes converter.
3. Click format bar and choose a video format for output. To transcode Panasonic AG-HPX370 MXF files to FCP X Apple ProRes codec, you just need to choose Final Cut Pro -> Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov), you can also choose Apple ProRes 422 (LT), Apple ProRes 422 (Proxy), Apple ProRes 422 (HQ) or other formats according to your need.
4. Customization is supported by this MXF to FCP X converter, by clicking settings button you can change the resolution, bitrate, frame rate, codec or other parameters as you want. If you don’t need to adjust you can skip this step.
5. Press convert button on the main interface, the best MXF converter will convert MXF files from Panasonic AG-HPX370 to FCP X.
Just wait some time, when all your videos are converted, you can click open folder button to get the converted videos, now you can load these files into Final Cut Pro X for editing natively, and you don’t need to render anymore, just try it now!